What To Expect
Expect a warm welcome when you walk in the door. We invite you to get acquainted with Faith and Amy, our receptionists, as well as Nicole and Caity, Dr. Wilke’s treatment coordinators.
Dr. Kevin Wilke will conduct a thorough orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment himself.
At this initial appointment, Dr. Wilke will be evaluating your orthodontic needs as well as addressing any questions or concerns you may have about orthodontic treatment. We will also take x-rays and photographs to help us better evaluate your individual situation. If you had recent x-rays taken, we will obtain copies from your dentist.
We are happy to provide this initial evaluation on a complimentary basis as a courtesy to you and your dentist. We will explain our findings and, if treatment is deemed necessary, provide you with an estimate of the treatment time and cost.
The entire staff at Wilke Orthodontics believes that every patient is an individual with unique needs and concerns. We make every effort to understand this and we will strive to make your orthodontic treatment a pleasant and worthwhile experience tailored just to you.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What are the orthodontic concerns?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If treatment is indicated, an appointment for additional orthodontic records will be scheduled. If time allows, the orthodontic records can be taken at the initial visit. This will then be followed by a consultation appointment approximately two weeks later to thoroughly discuss the orthodontic records and all facets of your proposed treatment plan in more detail.
If no immediate treatment is indicated, we will continue to check growth and development on a 6 – 12 month basis.
What are Orthodontic Records?
- Photographs of your face and teeth
- Impressions to make a model of your teeth
- Orthodontic x-rays
- Dr. Wilke will then study the records and recommend a treatment plan. We will review his findings with you before treatment begins.
What is the Cost of Treatment?
Fees are determined by treatment needs and length of treatment time. Dr. Wilke wants to provide affordable orthodontic care so we offer various payment plans and payment options. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards. Wilke Orthodontics accepts most insurance plans, and as a courtesy, we will file your claims for you. We also work with flex plans. If you have any questions about payment, financing, or insurance, please don’t hesitate to ask.
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consist of photographs, x-rays, and study models as well as a personalized growth study workup to assess treatment needs.
- Consultation to review the records, discuss Dr. Wilke’s treatment recommendations, and review your financial summary.
- Active treatment fee, including braces, Invisalign, etc.
- All of the routine appointments performed in the office.
- First set of retainers.
- All of the follow-up retention appointments.
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Any dental procedures performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice are not included.
- If an accident or injury occurs which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc., a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
- Lost or broken retainers.
Assignment of Benefits
Megan, our insurance coordinator, will check your benefit, file claims, and accept assignment of benefits as outlined by your orthodontic insurance plan.
It is our goal to see you on time for your appointment. Appointments are scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment, and answer any questions you may have. In order to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that our patients arrive on time to avoid delays as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with maintaining your appointment time is greatly appreciated by our office and other patients. We understand “life happens” and schedules can be interrupting – please call us at your earliest convenience if you anticipate you or your family member will be late for your appointment. Thanks!